Monday, January 19, 2009

The Curious Case of... Zzzzzzzzz.


Friday night Randy, Lore and I went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was more or less my sister's choice as she LOVES Brad Pitt. I mean looking at Brad Pitt.

I used to be quite the Mister Pitt fan back in the, "A River Runs Through It" days. You know when he was just some hot young actor no one had ever heard of and before Angelina got her claws and tramp stamp on him.


Nowadays I can honestly say that I'm indifferent to him. I think he's an OK actor and he has been in some good films. His public persona has sorta tarnished my opinion of him. Yeah yeah, he's helping to rebuild New Orleans. He also ran away with another woman when he was married. Maybe it wouldn't bother me so much if Angelina just didn't seem so dang smug and self absorbed. Maybe I'm just sick of hearing about them every time Brad takes the herd out for a hotdog.


That might be it.

But anyway, I'm getting a little off track. The MOVIE was terribly long--just shy of three hours. It was entertaining in a big flickering screen in a pitch black room kinda way. Parts of it were awfully tedious. Cate Blanchet looked ravishing. It was one of those films that after you walked out you weren't really sure what to feel. It sorta left you cold.

So in summery I'll say this: Go see Grand Torrino. Its no Million Dollar Baby, and Clint is sorta starting to look like a new born Benjamin Button, but its pretty entertaining and good ole Mr Eastwood can still bring it.

6 comments:

The Ridgeways said...

Ok now that is funny. Brent would so agree with you about Clint Eastwood. I will pass on both thanks.

Lore said...

Did I ever tell you I was struck by lightning 7 times… once I was just tending the cows…

liesel said...

thats a pretty convincing (as well as amusing) argument. bummer, it looked interesting. (I may eventually check it out anyway, but I'll have nicely lowered expectations)

M said...

Laughing!!! You are sooo dead on about the whole Brad Pitt thing. The hot dog comment? PRICELESS. Now I can start my day because I am laughing so hard! WHAT the freak is your email so I can invite you to my blog? melissatippets@yahoo.com.

M said...

For real- I just read this post again... and laughed as hard as I did the first time!!! I mean seriously, Clint Eastwood looking like a newborn Benjamin!!!!!!!!! WHY aren't you writing for Comedy Central?!

Shamelessly said...

They haven't returned my calls yet. Thanks for the ego boost Miss! I'll keep writing just for comments like that!!